Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese practice that reveals how to balance energies of any space to insure good fortune and health. It is used in everything from room decor, building placement, and even fertility and is based on the Taoist belief that all things consist of chi or energy. When using elements correctly to balance out the "good and bad chi" one is able to achieve balance and harmony.
I have used some of these methods in areas of my own home. While I've made choices of where to place objects, due to my own aesthetic liking, I later realized that my intuition was right in line with Feng Shui techniques. For instance, I love mirrors and how they reflect light and make small rooms feel bigger. According to Feng Shui practice, mirrors serve three basic purposes: expansion, reflection, and deflection. Pictured above is a Bagua. This color coded map has 8 zones which each correlate to different areas of your life. It is used to adjust you living environment to promote a more healthy flow of energy.
I found it interesting that simply the placement of your bed, or colors in a room can greatly impact the flow of energy, which in turn can increase or decrease fertility. I have always been intrigued by Feng Shui. I'm going to pick up a few things for my bedroom to get the good vibes flowing. Worse that could happen is my room looks fabulous!
Here are some suggestions for promoting fertility using Feng Shui:
1. Energize your bedroom. Since this is where the baby making usually occurs (unless you don't already have children then it might be your kitchen counter) make sure it is clutter free and gives you a sense of peace and calm.
2. Turn off or even remove any electronics that can be a distraction from intimacy. (there is nothing sexy about ESPN or checking your Facebook page)
3. Decorate your room with symbols of fertility.
- Hang red paper lanterns on either side of the bed to bring a positive influence into the bedroom.
- Put a hollow piece of bamboo in the north section of the bedroom.
- Place a dragon on the man's side of the bed to increase passion and potency.
- Hang pictures or other decorations in pairs: two birds, two people, two fish, etc.
4. Welcome the positive. Remove any objects that are blocking the flow of energy from your front door. The front door is the "mouth of chi," so blocking the door prevents positive energy from entering your home.
Getting back the Feng in my Shui from Boyland,